Sunday, June 10, 2012

The weekend report



Getting near the end of one of my bottles of chain lube.  I bought this a long time ago.  Didn't realize it was this long ago but I do remember thinking $9 for a bottle of lube was extreme and that, "this stuff better last me."


Found a really pretty wild caught salmon fillet at a local store last week and made Gravlax this weekend.  This is so good and simple I don't know why I don't do it more often.  Lots of ways to do it but basically rub two fillets with a salt and sugar mix.  Make a sandwich with the fillet's with a big bunch of dill as the filling of the pretend sandwich. Wrap it up with some plastic wrap and put it in the fridge with a little weight on it for a few days.  Here I have it sliced thin on bagels with cream cheese, onion, capers, a little olive oil and pepper.



Not sure why my ride screen shots are not showing up better.  Loaded up the moonlander an all my bags to simulate rides on the Maah Daah Hey next week.  Learning a lot about my gear and food options.  Today I rode in  the sun, heat and wind.  Thinking I need sun glasses and a long sleeve shirt to keep the sun off.  Pretty exposed on the trail.



Did I mention the gravlax was good.  Traditionally it was made by burying it in the sand just above the high tide line giving it its name grave (grav) salmon (lox).

No comments: