Tuesday, August 28, 2012

San Francisco part one

Went to San Fran to visit Kin folk.  The girls had a great time with their cousins.  The Mustang convertible wife wanted and I poo pooed turned out to be a good site seeing vehicle. 

 We saw cool stuff at the San Francisco Academy of Science. 
 We drove around the city to all the must see areas including the financial district, China town, some big market place and Lombard Street.  The girls favorite parts of San Fran were the toothless homeless guy who waved at them and feeding pigeons part of their ice cream cone. 

 I really wanted more pics of this rocket thing but the guy with the baby and his wife were the slowest pic takers I have ever seen.  I just kept waiting and waiting for him to be gone. 
One of my highlights of the trip was when I drove into Oakland to a bit of a rough area to see Sweet Maria's.  I was lucky enough to have Tom the owner present and although he was clearly very busy he took time to talk all about roasting, the business and to reminisce about some old activities on the home roasting forum from years ago.  He then went and filled a box with about 20lbs of very good coffee and gave it to me.   I like Sweet Maria's a lot. 

2 comments:

Heath said...

I've been waiting for this blog post. I'm excited to hear more about meeting Tom.

queasyfish said...

I like the first and last photos best. I see you when i look into their eyes.