Monday, March 09, 2009

Maya's dress

Maya was born on January 14 2008. Susan's birthday has been on January 2 every year since the early seventy's . On January 2 2008 I was killing time between work and dinner with Susan and her parents to celebrated Susan's birthday.

I went to a good store for wife and mother in law gifts called Anthropologie and bought Susan, her mother and my soon to be born daughter gifts. I loved this little dress so much I had to buy it but it was strange to buy a dress for my little girl I had not yet met.

What I didn't know at the time was what a little tom boy Maya would be. Or the fact that her head would move too fast for any camera to capture a clear pic of.

It was kind of funny and cute to see Maya (now almost 14 months old) in this dress that is a little too big, with her big belly and cute tom boy attitude. And it isn't just me saying she is kind of tom boy like.
Ella keeps saying Maya is a boy.

1 comment:

Vick said...

Hi Jared,
It has been awhile since I've visited your site, but I so enjoyed my tour.
I love the photos and text about Maya's dress--and the last one with Ella in the background.I just bought Maya a pretty little Easter dress, but I don't think it's right for her style! I'll post a picture of it.
I also liked the video of the baby playing in fast time. Interesting how he hardly ever goes to the square in the middle. Fringe-y!
Vick